2018-19 Registration Information
BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR!
SCHOOL HOURS: 8:50AM-3:45PM
We look forward to another great year at Liberty Middle School. Please review the following information so you and your child are prepared for the first day of school. The steps outlined below can also be found on the 2018-19 Registration Information link on the Liberty Middle School website (www.liberty.cherrycreekschools.org) We encourage you to go to the Liberty website to easily access the important links necessary to complete the process.
Optional event: Liberty will be open to the community on Thursday, August 9th from 3:30pm-6:30pm ONLY for families who would like to pick up a copy of their class schedule, secure locker assignment and purchase locks ($5.00 each). The building will only be open to the community from 3:30pm-6:30pm. Feel free to contact us at 720-886-2415 with any questions.
STEP 1: DISTRICT PARENT FORMS-REQUIRED!
Complete Parent Forms online at https://my.cherrycreekschools.org/ beginning July 1st. You will use the email address and password you created previously. Parents new to CCSD will need to create an account. If you do not have internet or computer access, computers will be available at Liberty Middle School beginning July 23rd from 8:00am-3:00pm for your use. Please check in at the Main Office for instructions.
STEP 2: IMMUNIZATIONS
Make sure we have an updated immunization record on file. All 11-year-old 6th graders need to have the Tdap vaccine prior to starting 6th grade. Please make sure you have completed this immunization prior to school starting and send or deliver verification to Liberty Middle School. You can fax the records to 720-886-2688. Any student new to the Cherry Creek School District must turn in a complete immunization record no later than the first day of school if the record was not presented to the Admissions Office at the time of registration.
STEP 3: LOCKERS & LOCKS
Locker assignments will be available on student schedules and at the school on August 9th, 3:30pm-6:30pm. Locks will be available for purchase for $5.00 on Aug. 9th, 3:30pm-6:30pm as well as on the first day of school. Only locks purchased from Liberty may be used on lockers in the building, so students new to Liberty and incoming 6th graders must purchase a lock from the school. Returning students may use locks purchased from Liberty in previous years.
STEP 4: SCHOOL SUPPLIES
A list of general school supplies is available on the Liberty website (liberty.cherrycreekschools.org) under the "Student/Parent Information" quick link.
STEP 5: FOOD SERVICE
- PIN numbers follow students as they move to the next level of school. If your student does not remember their number, these will be available the first day of school for all students.
- Deposits to food accounts can be made in the cafeteria on Aug. 9th from 3:30pm-6:30pm. Deposits can also be made through PAYPAMS which is accessible through the CCSD Foodservice website: www.ccsdcafe.org. As always, deposits can be made in the cafeteria on all school days, including the first day of school.
- Menus are also available on the website: www.ccsdcafe.org Middle school meal prices for the 2018-19 school year are as follows: Breakfast: $1.95 Lunch: $3.15
- Free and Reduced Lunch Applications must be completed EACH school year. Please go to www.ccsdcafe.org for the link to the online application.
STEP 6: ATHLETIC SCHEDULE
Track practice begins on Wednesday, August 15th immediately after school. All forms and payment must be received in the Deans' Office by 8:00am on August 15th for students to participate. Late buses are provided for students assigned to bus transportation to and from school. Practice dismisses at 4:40pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and late buses depart at 4:45pm. Please note that there are no after school activities or athletics on FRIDAYS so there are no late buses on Fridays. Track participation forms, as well as the entire Athletic Schedule, are available through the Athletics link on the Liberty website. After school starts, this information is also available in the Deans' Office. (Sports physicals are not required at the middle school level.)
STEP 7: TRANSPORTATION
All bus information is distributed by the CCSD Transportation Department. Bus assignments are emailed home to families the beginning of August. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Transportation at 720-554-4664 or email email@example.com. Information is also available through the CCSD website (www.cherrycreekschools.org) on the Transportation Quick Link.
STEP 8: SCHOOL IDs AND PICTURES
Picture day for students is Thursday, August 23th. Order forms for picture packages will be sent home with students prior to picture day. Pictures taken on that day will be used for school picture packages, student IDs and yearbook pictures.
STEP 9: YEARBOOK PRE-ORDERS
Pre-orders for the Liberty Yearbook can be made online through the following link:
https://www.yearbookordercenter.com Yearbooks are $35.00. Yearbooks and name plates for all students as well as dedication ads for 8th grade students are ordered and paid through this link. If you have questions, please contact Jim Herbertson, Herff Jones Yearbook Representative at 303-888-5849 or firstname.lastname@example.org Pre-orders for yearbooks will only be accepted until December 1st.
STEP 10: SCHEDULES
Parent Forms must be completed before students receive their class schedule. (Refer to STEP #1) For those families who have completed these forms, schedules will be emailed to parents on Tuesday, Aug. 7th after 5:00pm. Copies of student schedules can also be picked up on Thursday, August 9th from 3:30pm-6:30pm in the main hallway. Schedules will also be available on the first day of school. Please remember that Parent Forms must be completed for students to receive a schedule and attend school.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL-Monday, August 13th, 8:50AM-3:45PM
- Each grade will continue to enter the building at 8:40am through their designated entrance:
- Grade 6: Lower southwest doors
- Grade 7: Upper south doors
- Grade 8: Lower west doors
- Students eating breakfast will be admitted at 8:30am through the outer cafeteria doors on the south side of the building.
- Students may bring school supplies on the first day of school. Locks will be available for purchase for $5.00. Locks must be purchased from Liberty. These locks can be re-used each year. Returning students should remember to bring locks from last year or be prepared to purchase a new lock. School supplies should not be left in lockers that do not have locks.
- Late buses will run on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for students participating in athletics, activities or tutorials. There are no late buses on FRIDAY. Late bus assignments are included in the bus information sent to families by Transportation in August.
- THERE ARE NO LATE BUSES ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. The first day for late buses will be Wednesday, August 15th.
IMPORTANT DATES – August, 2018
Ø WEB Transition Event for Incoming 6th Graders only-Thursday, August 9th, 8:50am-12:45pm (details sent to 6th grade families)
Ø Open to Community, Thursday, Aug. 9th, 3:30pm-6:30pm
Ø Student Picture Day-Thursday, August 23th
Ø Back to School Night-Wednesday, August 22th, 5:30pm-7:30pm
Ø First day for late buses-Wednesday, August 15th
Ø First day of track practice-Wednesday, August 15th
Click here for Cherry Creek Non-discrimination Notification.